Home Forums Global Education & Skills Forum Are schools less safe compared to when we attended?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

In ninth grade, I took my first NRA course which was taught my my history teacher. I had an equal mix of both male and female teachers, many of which honorably served our great nation in the Armed Forces. Fast forward to 2017 where as a parent, alpha males are missing from educational institutions, kids don’t have a survival mindset due to their sheltering and good luck finding anyone on campus who was trained in the military for any form of combat.

This begs the question, are schools less safe compared to when we attended?

Sure, we can put law enforcement in our schools, but this isn’t back testable. How many people knew that Columbine had a police officer in the school? How many people knew that the next closest officer was occupied with writing speeding tickets?

When growing up, over 2/3rd of the officers lived in the community. The officers knew the teachers and children and vice versa. Today, many departments responding to a school event have NEVER stepped foot into the hallway, don’t know the teachers, the students nor the parents.

Again, are we bold enough to ask ourselves, are schools less safe compared to when we attended ?
    THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BY
    James McGovern

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.